- 1968 A Pittsburgh Motorcycle Policeman, Al Castriota, and his son, Randy who was a student at the time, had a 1956 Ford pickup truck. They went around picking up mufflers, tail pipes, and miscellaneious metals and sold them to local scrap dealers.
- 1972 Randy graduated from Duquesne University and decided scrap metal was his future. He bought a F100 Ford 3/4 ton truck, a 1 ton truck, and a 5 ton truck and continued on as a peddler doing this part time until 1987.
- 1987 Castriota's first scrap facility purchased. A 5000 square foot building to house metals such as copper, brass, and aluminum. He began his advertising campaign through the Pennysaver Magazine.
- 1987 Castriota Metals Incorporated as a C. Corporation with two employees including himself
- 1996 Randy bought one roll-off truck and one dump truck. He established a goal that he would own 500 dumpsters and 10 trucks.
- 1997 Reorganized company as an S Corporation.
- 1998 Pittsburgh Roll Off Service was created and incorporated.
- 2001 Purchased 6 acres of land thus creating a 2nd facility which houses Castriota Metals & Recycling's second scrap yard and the home of Pittsburgh Roll Off Services.
- 2005 April. McKees Rocks location officially opened. Randy met his goal of 500 boxes and 10 trucks.
- 2008 Castriota Metals and Recycling and Pittsburgh Roll Off Service employ 34 employees and have become a major service provider in the area.
- 2010 Castriota Metals Solid Waste is started as a division of Castriota Metals & Recycling and begins to provide commercial trash removal services.
- 2015 February. Castriota Metals & Recycling Too closes in Mckees Rocks and reopens at 99 Watt St, Coraopolis, PA.
We are locally owned, full service companies providing solutions for all your scrap metal and waste hauling needs.